2022 has become a more competitive year especially in the job market with the skills in demand continually evolving and job recruiters becoming more keen on the search for the perfect candidate for the job. This is why it is important to have skills that set you apart from the job pools and makes you (over) qualified for the job role.
Top skills that are giving an edge in an applicant resume especially in 2022 vary but consistent skills include;
- Sales and Marketing: every organization needs this skill and this sets you apart especially in you know all that pertains to marketing and improving brand’s performance.
- Research skills: research is the backbone for job and one of the core skill for people looking for non-coding tech jobs.
- Data science/analysis: we live in a world that is run by data and the ability to read, interpret and analyze data is a key skill job recruiters love to see in an applicant resume
- Web Development: For coding tech jobs, this is an important skill job recruiters look out for and it is currently one of the top paying tech skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: the popular saying goes “communication is key to every successful relationship” so it is in every successful business. This skill is one that is often underrated but it is a top skill that job recruiters don’t tell you they are looking out for. Your never know your communication skills during your interview might just land you the job!
Which of these skills do you have or are you planning to acquire to make yourself the top at your game?